The Global Coworking Unconference Conference (GCUC – or more commonly know as “juicy) is looking for a new home and we need your to help bring it to Kansas City.
GCUC has been in Austin for the past couple years right before SxSW to support the coworking movement. Current and aspiring managers and owners of coworking spaces from all over the globe gather to share ideas, trends and best practices to faster collaboration in the coworking industry. Think Big Coworking Manager, Sarah Snyder previously wrote on her Austin experiences in 2012 and 2013.
After Liz Elam, Founder and Owner of Link Coworking, released an RFP to bring GCUC to another city, Kansas City got excited about the opportunity to bring the conference to our growing tech and startup hub. A committee was quickly formed by Rick Usher, to include the following members:
- Aaron Deacon of KC Digital Drive
- Kate DeWalt of OfficePort
- Lesa Mitchell of the Kauffman Foundation
- David Rowe, Senior Policy Advisor to Mayor Sly James, KCMO
- Mary Ryan of the KCCVA
- Melissa Saubers of Cowork Waldo
- Drew Solomon of the Economic Development Corporation and LaunchKC
- Sarah Snyder of Think Big Coworking
- Neil Steiner of Propeller Center
- Herb Sih of Think Big Partners
- Dave Teeman of Innovation Cafe
- Rick Usher, Assistant City Manager for Entrepreneurship and Small Business
- Andrea Wescott of OfficePort
How can you help bring GCUC to Kansas City?
- Help your coworking space have a voice! Send a statement of support to the committee, pledge to attend on the GCUC site map and get involved on the committee to share your ideas!
- Tweet, post, blog and promote this opportunity to the KC startup scene. The more presence on the web the better!
- Send any fantastic ideas you have to add to the conference components that will show off Kansas City’s startup community to these global attendees!
Check back for more updates on the progress of the conference updates. We will be sharing news about Kansas City’s involvement as it comes available.